The tradition of Catholic education has been alive in Billings for over 100 years, originated by the passion and commitment of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth.
Billings Central Catholic High School opened its doors in 1947, with its first class graduating in 1948. In 1986, the parish schools at Holy Rosary, Little Flower, Saint Pius and St. Patrick’s consolidated, joining Billings Central Catholic High School as one district: Billings Catholic Schools. The K-8 schools chose the name Saint Francis, and became Saint Francis Primary, grades PK-2, Saint Francis Intermediate, grades 3-5, and Saint Francis Upper, grades 6-8. In 2017 a brand new Saint Francis K8 school will open at 2202 Colton Boulevard. The Billings Catholic Schools Early Childhood Education program will move into the Saint Francis Intermediate facility at St. Pius.