BCS Board of Directors
|Joe Sylvester||Vice Chair|
|Angel Turoski||Superintendent of Montana Catholic Schools|
|Father Steve Zabrocki|
The BCS School Board looks for new members to serve on the School Board and School Board committees annually in June. The BCS School Board is a ‘board of local jurisdiction’, which means that the board functions as a managerial board, responsible for decisions related to budgeting, facilities, technology, curriculum and assessment, marketing, enrollment management, and maintaining our Catholic culture and identity.
The School Board meets on the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 4:00pm, with board committees and ad hoc committees typically meeting once or twice a month. All board members are asked to be on at least one board committee. The committees of the board are:
- Finance Committee – Members have a strong background in finance/business and work with the BCS Business Manager, Administration Office employees, administrators, and committee members to plan and support every aspect of budget development, setting tuition, and scholarship disbursement. A member with a CPA or very strong accounting background is especially needed.
- Mission and Catholic Identity Committee – Members have a strong commitment to the Catholic faith and work with priests, campus ministry, administrators, and committee members to plan and engage in activities that support our identity as a Catholic school system.
- Strategic Enrollment/Marketing Committee – Members have a strong background in marketing and public relations and work with BCS administrators, admissions specialists, and committee members to plan and engage in activities promoting BCS, increasing enrollment, and supporting retention.
- Education Committee – Members have a strong background in education and data interpretation and work with the BCS Education Director, administrators, staff, and committee members to develop curriculum, analyze assessment data, and improve student performance and classroom instruction.
- Technology Committee – Members have a strong background in technology and work with the BCS Technology Director, administrators, staff, and committee members to plan technology adaptation and implementation.
- Facilities Committee – Members have a strong background in facilities management and construction, and work with BCS administrators, staff, and committee members to assist in managing and prioritizing short- and long-term facilities needs.
Serving on the BCS School Board is a large time commitment, but it is also an opportunity to make an impact and help ensure the future of BCS. Click HERE to access the BCS School Board Application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the BCS Administration Office at 406.252.0997 if you have questions or need additional information.