Billings Central Catholic High School
April 18, 2022
Parents, Teachers, and Students:
I hope you had a blessed Easter weekend. I am resending this letter from March as all of these events are quickly approaching! For senior parents, there are some attachments included in the body of this letter that will need attention. For everyone else, this information is simply informative.
This letter is primarily for those of you who have a senior approaching the milestone of graduation. However, because so many people are involved in the process and ceremony, I want to include this information for everyone. It is a little earlier than I have done in the past, but with all the adjustments over the past few years, I wanted to make sure everyone has time for planning as we – thankfully – transition back to a traditional graduation at BCCHS.
We are very proud of each of our graduating seniors. There are many individual and collective accomplishments of which this group can be very proud, and through the end of the year more are on the way. Graduation marks achievement, and it is a ceremony of honor and recognition that links your student to the Billings Central Catholic High School graduates of the past and future. Congratulations to you and your graduate as they begin to prepare for the next step in their life journey.
Graduation for the class of 2022 will take place in the BCCHS Nelles Center. The school will do everything possible to make this an honorable and holy celebration. We request that you assist in following guidelines below for graduation and ask that you support our efforts.
- Seating for parents and relatives will be in the bleachers and designated floor area. There will be a designated area for those in wheelchairs.
- Graduates and staff will be seated in the chairs on the gym floor.
- Graduation at BCCHS takes place in the context of the Eucharistic Celebration and is a solemn, reverent occasion. The celebrant is Most Reverend Bishop Michael Warfel. The procession will begin promptly at 6:00pm on Sunday, May 29, 2022. We request that all in attendance give this ceremony the respect it deserves from beginning to end.
- LifeTouch Photography will take a picture of each graduate receiving their diploma. This eliminates the need for picture taking on stage. All graduates will have their picture taken and pictures will be available for purchase online. Click HERE for the Lifetouch form.
- Dress for graduation is important. Graduates are required to dress in ‘business casual’ clothing under their graduation robe, including dresses, pants suits, dress slacks, shirts and ties or collared dress shirts. Dress shoes are required for all graduates – no tennis shoes, flip-flops, etc. are allowed. Students not following dress code will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Graduates are not allowed to decorate or write on the mortarboard.
The following are important dates for the end of the year.
- Saturday, May 14th
- RamJam MasterLube Fundraiser
- Thursday, May 19th and Friday May 20th
- Senior Finals and Last Academic Day
- Sunday, May 22nd -Tuesday, May 24th
- Senior Retreat (Details TBA) – click HERE for the Senior Retreat permission form
- Wednesday, May 25th
- Senior and Underclass Awards Assembly, 8:15am
- Senior Farewell Mass, 10:30am
- Senior BBQ and Check-Out, 11:30-12:45
- Senior Farewell at SFC, 1:15-2:00
- Senior Farewell to BCCHS, 3:00
- Thursday, May 26th
- Senior Refocus Period for make-up work or additional testing time if needed, 8:00am – 9:00am and 10am – 12pm
- Senior graduation practice, 9:00am, Nelles Center
- Sunday, May 29th
- Graduation Day
- Senior Breakfast, 10am – click HERE for the senior breakfast reservation form.
- Senior Class Picture, 5:10pm Sharp! (Nelles Center) – click HERE for the Lifetouch picture form
- Graduation 6:00pm
- RamJam to follow graduation (Details TBA)
- Graduation Day
- Monday, May 30th
- No School
- Wednesday, June 1st – Friday, June 3rd
- Final Exams—Grades 9-11
All of us are looking forward to graduation and the end of the year, especially this year as we can resume normal activities and celebrations. More details will be provided as we get closer to the end of the year. Please do your part to promote good choices by our students and a safe and healthy spring. If you have any questions, feel free to call or stop in for information.
College Information – From Mrs. Hirt: Most colleges require you to pay a deposit by May 1 to complete your admissions. Don’t miss this date! Final transcripts will be sent to the college listed as your attending college in Scoir. This is the only source that will be used. You will get strongly worded letters telling you that your transcript is needed, but don’t worry, we will get them out on time. In June Mrs. Hirt will confirm that final transcripts are sent to each student’s attending college. If you are a college athlete make sure that you are registered with the appropriate governing body, i.e. NCAA or NAIA. Transcripts will be sent to those organizations at the same time as college transcripts are sent. If you have any special concerns or requirements, stop by the College Advising Office.